Volunteering At L&C

 There are many reasons to do good in this world, and I have often found myself procrastinating doing that good under a variety of excuses such as 'I'm just one person' or 'It's selfish, I do it so I'd feel good as well'. And you know, those statements might have the tiniest grains of truth to them, but the point ultimately is: That does not matter at all. You are helping someone, no matter your reasoning.

My life has been going so smoothly my friends, I have had so much luck so consistently that it's a bit crazy if I am totally honest. The intense gratitude I am feeling, I try to use for good causes. However small, if it was buying cookies for a friend or devoting my time to someone who needs it. Small acts of kindness go a long way, I might write about just that next week.

So hence my luck, I am motivated to share it with the world. I recently joined the newly founded CRS club (Catholic Relief Services) (you don't need to be Catholic to join). It's an amazing national organization that works actively with the government, to improve conditions for people internationally. We had the pleasure of participating in a meeting with a real senator, and now we have two scheduled meetings with two Oregonian senators! Currently, the CRS organization is working on passing a Farm Bill that is designed to protect farmers.

On-campus though we had a little event on Thursday where we packed lunches for the homeless! The previous Sunday, we went to Costco, got our ingredients, and prepared for the work. About 10-15 people helped with filling bags, making sandwiches etc. We made enough for 200 people. And it feels good. 

We don't all have money to give, but we do have time, effort, kindness. Never forget that.