Welcome!

Hello readers!

My name is Rebecca Kidder, and I’m super excited to share my life at LC with you. Some of you may remember me since I also blogged last year, and to those who are new to this blog, I promise I’m friendly.

I’m a sophomore Hispanic Studies/Environmental Studies double major (technically I’m not an Environmental Studies major yet, but I’ll get more into that in a later post. It’s a lengthy process). I live in a quad in Manzanita (one of the Forest dorms) with three of my friends. Our dorm is a bit of a walk from classes, but we have a really nice view from our room, so it’s okay.

Because I'm in a quad, there's a separate sleeping room. This is the view from that window!

And this is the view from our main window!
This semester I’m taking four classes: Climate Science (which has a lab), PreColumbian-Baroque: Latin America and Spain (which is a Spanish lit class), Environmental Analysis (which is a core Environmental Studies course and also has a lab), and Intro to International Relations. On top of that, I’m a TA for Bio 141, which is an ecology class. That means I have three labs a week!

Outside of the classes, I also am in ukulele orchestra. It’s a real thing, and it’s awesome. Check out one of our performances from last year. I’m also getting more involved in College Outdoors this semester, and am going to the east side of the Cascades this weekend to look at astronomy and the geology of the area. I’m trying to find time to be involved in other clubs (like the Feminist Student Union, Students Engaged in Eco-Defense, and Amnesty International [which is new and thus doesn't have a website right now]), but I’m so busy with classwork that it’s proving to be a bit difficult.

A bit more about me: I’m from Minnesota, and have a ton of Midwest pride. I’m a cat person, though I have nothing against dogs. I don’t really like eating fruit, which I accept is weird. I’m also a big fan of Harry Potter (but really, who isn’t?) (just kidding, I know some people aren’t and that’s okay).

I’ll share a lot more details about me and about my life here as the semester progresses. If you have any questions about anything related to Lewis & Clark (or about other things!), email me at rekidder@lclark.edu and I will try and answer them!

I look forward to hearing from you,

Rebecca