These past few weeks have been crazy...

This last month was our last month of Wintersemester here in Munich. I had to write two final papers (totaling around 25 pages), do a final presentation and take four tests all in German. It was extremely difficult but I finished it! It was more difficult than I thought it would be but once I finished I felt so accomplished especially because I was able to do it all in German. It really shows how far a person can improve and learn a language in just a few months.

Now I am done taking all of my tests etc. and as all of my friends back home are starting spring semester at Lewis & Clark I have just started my two month vacation. I have vacation until the beginning of April when Summer semester starts (almost at the end of spring semester for all the people back home). The University schedule is completely different than the one at LC.

Some people are taking these two months to travel. I have some friends who are actually in Prague right now, and some other people from my program are traveling to France, Istanbul, London etc. I on the other hand am taking this first week of vacation to relax and then I will start my Internship beginning next week. I am going to be doing an internship at a local high school for six weeks. I am extremely excited about it and hope that it all goes well. I don't know much about it yet other than I should be placed in some German, some English and some Spanish classes. I think I will be doing a mixture of observation, helping out the teacher and maybe doing some of my own teaching as well. We'll see.

I am looking forward to traveling as well, but will most likely be doing the most of my traveling in the summer after I have finished my second semester of school here (so in late July/August). For the rest of the break I am looking forward to hopefully going skiing/snowboarding a few times on the weekends, going on a few hikes, getting back into working out (since for the last month I was too busy with school work to do so) and starting to work at a new job. I just got a job at the bar on "campus" where I live in Munich and am really looking forward to it. It'll be a great way for me to keep up with practicing my German over break, to meet some people from Germany and to learn how to bartend.

So many exciting things to look forward to! Will be posting something new every week now that I have time. Hope all is well with all of you and wishing you luck in the college application process. As always let me know if you have any questions about Lewis & Clark. My email is drussosavage@lclark.edu