I can’t believe it’s the last week of classes. Honestly, overall I’ve had a great semester and generally great sophomore year (minus corona virus making school online...). I got to try so many new things and I feel that I've grown a lot in both my academic and social life.
Here’s a rundown of some of my highlights from this school year:
- Being an NSO leader
- Going backpacking in the Mt Hood National Forest
- Climbing at Smith Rock for the first time
- Competing in the Portland Boulder Rally and getting 3rd place in the women’s recreational category
- Going to Vancouver with my friends for Fall Break
- My family coming to visit for a weekend
- Fall Ball
- Celebrating my birthday with all my friends
- Dance Y rehearsals every week
- Started my new job at the library and got to know new people through it
- Friends from out of town coming to visit
- Hanging out in the Portland spring weather
I am so excited for the future of my college career. I cannot wait to meet new people, write my thesis, and explore new activities and opportunities.
This past week has been filled with classes, meetings, and making things like kimchi and pad thai. Yesterday, my brother and I built a little outside play area for our guinea pig. Today I ran my first half-marathon which was very exciting. I was signed up to run in the Bend Half-Marathon race that would have occured last weekend. I'm looking forward to running more half-marathons in the future and maybe even a full marathon soon.
Stay safe and stay informed,