|So close! Yet so far!|
- TartBerry! This is my buds' and my favorite froyo place. It's really sunny and happy inside, the frozen yogurt is good, and it's really close to the pio stop.
|one of many excellent times at TartBerry|
- Glow in the dark minigolf! This is also pretty close to the bus stop, and is a lot of fun. I'm a sucker for minigolf, and the blacklights are a plus.
|wee freshman me at the glow-in-the-dark minigolf place, in overalls!|
- Concerts! Even though a lot of venues are only open for people 21+, there are places that have all ages shows. If you do your research, you can find these places.
|First Aid Kit! This was last year, at the Roseland Theater|
|Kimya Dawson and Paul Baribeau! This was last fall at the Backspace, which is no longer doing shows.|
- Food! Most food carts close at night, but some stay open. Besides those, Portland is known for its food scene. There are a ton of restaurants, with a wide variety of options.
|I've eaten at a lot of restaurants, but don't usually take pictures at them. But here's my current roommate drinking tea at a restaurant last year, during the day. You get the idea, though.|
- Movies! My favorite movie place (Livingroom Theaters) is closed to minors after 7pm, but there are a lot of other movie theaters that are open. There are a couple right downtown!
|...I am ashamed. But look, you can see movies!|
- Wander around downtown! The city is really nice at night, and the water is pretty.
|thoughtfully looking over the Willamette at night.|
- On campus events! The school goes out of its way to provide a lot of on campus events for students. Movies, concerts, performances, dances, the list goes on. There's always something to do here!
As you can see, there's plenty to do! Fear not!
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com. I'm happy to answer them!