Back on Campus

Hello!
I'm Josh and I'm a Senior here at Lewis & Clark.  I hail from a small town called Pacific Grove, CA, which is near Monterey.  I'm a Biology major and a Resident Advisor in one of our underclassmen dorms, Alder.
Someone started the Fall decorations!

Last year I lived off campus in a house with a couple of friends, but within a few weeks of living there I knew I wanted to be on campus again for my final year here.  I realized that LC is more than a school where I take classes.  Instead it has become my home over the past few years.  I missed the community and the wonderful people that live and work on campus, so now I'm back!

As a Resident Advisor, I work with the 32 other students that live in my hall to make sure they are getting everything they need, and getting everything they can out of their experience here at Lewis & Clark.  I'm here to help them when they have any issue, and to help communicate with Campus Living and the rest of the administration about student needs.

Just an example of one of the cool things my residents put on the blackboard in our main lounge.

Outside of being an RA, I spend my time outdoors as much as possible, hiking, backpacking, climbing, and just enjoying what the Pacific Northwest has to offer.  In past years I have worked for ASLC (our Student Government), played Ultimate Frisbee for our nationally ranked team, become a Wilderness EMT (EMT with Wilderness First Responder), ran for the Track team, along with taken classes in as many fields that I could, and I still have a year left!
I will be posting at least once a week and if you have any questions about what I post, Lewis & Clark, or about anything else, feel free to contact me at jprovost@lclark.edu.

Until next time,
-Josh