The Beginning


Hey friends! My name is Mali PetersonWood. I am a first year student attempting to make the smooth and exciting transition into college. As this is my first blog, I thought I would give my readers the chance to get to know me a bit more.

I was born in Addis Ababa, the capital of the beautiful country Ethiopia, which is located in the horn of Africa. At the age of ten months old, I was adopted by two very loving parents and moved to the States. Currently, home for me is the small city of Sonora, located in the mountains of Northern California, just two hours from the breathtaking Yosemite National Park.

Currently, I play for Lewis and Clark's Women's Soccer team, as a defender, but am out due to a recent head injury. My major is undecided, but I'm leaning toward something in the Pre-Health filed. In my free time, I enjoy representing LC as an Admissions Ambassador which involves hosting prospective students and giving guided tours (which will begin in my second semester) eating strawberries and watching Netflix. My favorite shows are Law and Order: SVU, How to Get Away with Murder, and The Office. I love Italian food, looking at pictures of elephants, and on occasion, painting my nails.

While I'm at L&C, I want to become fluent in Spanish, study abroad in Thailand, be successful on the soccer field, learn how to garden, and most of all, expand my international knowledge of current world events/challenges.

A few things I wish to see and conquer during my first year in Oregon include: 
Mills End Park (the Worlds Smallest Park)


Thor's Well 


Attend a Portland Thorns Game 

Portland Food Carts 

Voodoo Doughnut 

Silver Falls 

Sunflower Meadow 

One piece of advice for all students when looking to find the right college, is to be completely happy with the choice you finally make. 

Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day
0

Add a comment