Mindful Monday


Hey everyone! How are you? How's it going?

I hope all of you had an amazing weekend and Monday! I always emphasis to take care of yourself first and that's exactly what I did last night! To give time to myself, I decided to go to a concert on a MONDAY NIGHT!!! Like, I didn't think I would ever go out, let alone go to a concert on a school night! Fortunately, I am ahead in homework so I don't have to worry about getting behind! Anyways, the concert was at Hawthorne Theatre in Portland!
 It was so cold waiting outside and like 10 minutes before they let us in, it started to rain really hard. Anyways, the openers for the concert was Sleep On It, Chapel, and As It Is. Needless to say, I am now fans of all of them!! I was even able to catch a guitar pick from Sleep On It and got to meet all of them and get a picture with 3 of them!
What was super amazing was that I was able to push myself to barricade and got an up-close view of Waterparks! I first saw Waterparks when I went to the All Time Low concert in July in Anaheim and Waterparks was one of the openers! So once I reached the front it was such an experience. Like, at the end of the concert, the lead singer, Awsten, crowd surfed right where I was standing and I was able to help him get back on stage. I guess I could say I had an interaction with my favorite band? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Anyways, it's crazy how close Thanksgiving Break is. It feels like yesterday when I was just first moving into my dorm and going to my first class. It's nice to say that you all have been part of watching how my first semester of college goes! Here's to all the many more posts! Remember you come first and life is about the safe, spontaneous moments!

If you have any questions or just want to talk, you can reach me at: 

jessicadoan@lclark.edu

Here's the quote of the week:

"Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity or registering wrongs." - Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

♥ Jessica