Tough Breaks and Good Breaks

Hey friends!

Sorry I didn't post Saturday! I was waiting again for Sunday because we had our second dance showing and I wanted to post photos from the showing! Our piece was a bit of a hot mess though... because this past Friday we learned one of our dancers dislocated her shoulder and now can't perform! Its so sad whenever anyone gets injured, but we're also only about two weeks out from our final performance, and with Thanksgiving this week we are down to three more rehearsals. We had to reset and basically scratch three months of choreo in one night, two days before the showing (AIYAA). So yeah, the showing was rough for us ... BUT, we had rehearsal and fixed it more and just practiced the new choreo to get it in our bones.
DANCE SCREEN SHOTS :D 


This past week was jammed packed, I had a paper due, a midterm, a quiz, and problem set all due. And I have a lot of work to do over the break - which I want to try to get a head start on, but there wasn't a ton of work due for this mini half week - which meant I was able to get a bit of break this weekend :D



My Saturday was really good though! This was the first Saturday all semester I didn't go to my usual Starbucks and do homework routine (which, in all honestly, I probably should have, because now I'm a bit behind..whoops) but instead I hung out with friends and got some boba and sushi and then also had a "Pre-Thanksgiving Friendsgiving" and did a family dinner with my friend group. It was a really great day :D 


My Sunday was a bit rough, we had the showing for three hours in the morning and then went straight from that to the molecular lab to redo our serial dilutions and plating the growth assays. We spent three hours in the lab, just enough time for me to get out with two minutes to run to dance rehearsal for another three hours. I was DEAD. I also didn't get much to eat that day, so I was just running on empty. But in the end, it was a good day, we finally got a successful plating and polished our piece.


First round of Growth Assays 


Our molecular lab is a lowkey a pain in the butttt!!! In laymen's terms we mutated a promotor and we're trying to see what happens in the reporter. However, this round of growth assays, we somehow messed up and got growth on the wrong samples... so... hopefully *fingers crossed* our second round we made on Sunday worked well...

This week is short and easy. Just a bit more than 2 days and then I get to leave Wednesday morning! I'm really excited to go to my mom's place and eat REAL food!!! WHOO~

I'll try to be more on top of posting this weekend,
Have a happy Thanksgiving, or just break! Celebrating whatever y'all celebrate! But I hope you all have a wonderful rest with your family!

Cheers,
Kate