Snowy LC!!


Hello all! Just a quick intro! My name is Elvira Ruan and I am a senior psychology major. I am a psychology research assistant, a co-leader at Gente Latina Unida, and the student life intern for the office of Inclusion and Multicultural Engagement (IME). I am excited to share parts of my experience at Lewis and Clark with you all!

It's been a snowy start of the week at LC! Things on campus have felt a bit more slow with the snow and everything and it had me in a very relaxing mood. It was a chill Sunday. I spent most of it indoors working on the IME Wokeshop series that me and a peer educator were going to facilitate on Monday. Our Wokeshop series aims to create a space for students to have discussions about topics on diversity and inclusion on campus. This week's topic was Liberal Biases. You can check out our whole list of Wokeshops here and check out our resources! I always get a bit nervous thinking about facilitating Wokeshops, just thinking about whether the group will be talkative and interested in the subject. We had the event in Templeton Monday at 6 pm. Despite the snowy weather, we had a great turnout! 

The next morning, the campus was even snowier than the day before!


I love seeing the campus like this! It's beautiful! In my four years at Lewis & Clark College, I have seen snow on campus three times and it's always been a great experience. While I was in my coding class, we all got a notification that school would be closing at 12:30 due to the weather. So snow day for us! My friends and I went around campus taking pictures in the snow and throwing snowballs at each other. Though today has been fun, I'm hoping that the weather will start to clear up soon so that we can go back to classes. I have a midterm coming up next week, so it would be nice to have a chance to review in class before that!

Gotta get back to my homework! Til next time!

-Elvi Ruan
eruan@lclark.edu