Birthday Week and Mushroom Hunting

Hi everyone!

The weeks are continuing to get busier and busier, as we're getting closer to finals (only about a month away). I'm managing to stay on top of everything, but it's definitely a different pace than things were in high school. My schedule is set up so that my classes are all Monday, Wednesday and Friday, with a lab on Tuesday. This means a lot of free time on Tuesdays and Thursdays, which is both a blessing and a curse (a blessing because I have more free time, a curse because it's usually just hours of homework).

Last Tuesday was really exciting, because of the election. I stayed up late doing all of the homework I had put off while watching the election, but it seemed like everyone on campus was awake.
Emma, Tess and I enjoyed some election themed cupcakes
I also registered for my first class for next semester, Environmental Studies 160. It's an intro course, but I'm really excited, since it will potentially be one of my majors. I'm planning on registering for Spanish and French during the next sign up, and I will have another semester of E&D.

Last weekend was my birthday, which was also exciting. My brother and his fiancée made me food and cake, and my friends gave me some pretty cool things, including sparkly cat stickers. On Sunday, my lab group and I went out to Tryon for the last time to get some final data for our ivy experiment. We did a total of twelve sites in about two hours, and got enough data to conclude today that there was a significant difference in the number of mushrooms in areas with ivy versus areas without ivy (exciting, right?!). The only bad part of the mushroom hunting was that one of my partners, Eva, stepped on a bee hive and got stung on the belly. Anything for science though, right?

If you have any questions or comments, please email me at rekidder@lclark.edu.

Until next week,
Rebecca