Guy Fawkes

Happy Guy Fawkes day!

These last few weeks have been extremely busy, as tests and homework keep getting piled on. I celebrated Halloween by taking a midterm in bio (it was appropriately scary), which I feel more confident about than my last midterm. On top of that, I had a paper to write last weekend, a French test on Friday, lots of reading, and all of my usual homework. It's a lot of work, but I'm managing to juggle it well enough.

Halloween was good. The night before, a bunch of kids from the area came and trick-or-treated through the dorms. For some reason kids usually don't come to my house at home, so it was fun to see all of their costumes. The Bon (LC's dining hall, nicknamed after the food service provider) went all out, with scary movies, decorations, and a special dessert table on Wednesday. The best part was the person who sat under the dessert table, dressed in black, jumping up and screaming at people. A lot of the departments got involved in the holiday: the physics department did a pumpkin launch and the bio department had a "spider-fest," to show people about all of the cool research they're doing regarding spiders.

The next day, the school had a Día de los Muertos party, which was a lot of fun.
Gaby and I after getting our faces painted at the party.
This weekend was just spent doing homework. I was counting mushrooms for bio on Saturday and hurt my back, so I spent a lot of Sunday lying in bed (and being productive, of course). I register for my first class for next semester tonight, which I'm hoping to be Environmental Studies 160. My birthday is this Saturday, so I'm looking forward to that!

Feel free to contact me with any questions or thoughts at rekidder@lclark.edu!

p.s. If you can vote, please do so! Thanks!