New Beginnings

I am back on campus and finally starting to get into the swing of things again. Winter Break went by incredibly fast and I can't believe that it is already the second week of classes of my sophomore spring semester. I am just getting used to all of my wonderful new classes. I wasn't very excited about the two Gen Ed. courses I was signed up for this semester, but as they say a professor really can make or break a subject and my professors for both my Stats and especially my Physics class are both amazing.

To get just a little taste of what goes on in Physics check this out. Students actually made a blog about random funny stuff Broide says in class.

http://shitbroidesays.tumblr.com/

Other than the two courses I am taking to fill my requirements, I am also taking German and Linguistics, both classes for my major. Linguistics is going very well so far. We've been talking about language and how linguists view language verses how grammarians view languages, and now we are beginning to get more technical and talk about phonetics. Phonetics is actually a lot more interesting than I thought it would be. It's incredible how much we can break down a language, and all the small sounds that go together to make words. When you think about how easy it is for us to be able to create language and to be able to understand language, basically without really ever having to think about it or ever having to have learned it as we learn other things, by studying over and over again for example, it really is quite incredible.

My German class is also going quite well. We are taking a "tour through Europe" this semester in German class and the last few days we have been taking a look at what Vienna, Austria has to offer. It's extremely exciting to think about how next year I will most likely be in Munich, Germany studying abroad for the year and will get to have the opportunity to actually be able to go and visit Vienna.

If you're interested in maybe studying abroad in Germany while here at Lewis & Clark you should check this video out!

http://legacy.lclark.edu/~munich/site/video/video.htm

Anyways, I should probably go do my homework.
Hope you are all doing well!