Last full week of classes...

Uh oh. The last week of classes just came and went.. It's now the last weekend before finals begin which means the semester is quickly coming to a close.  You can probably guess about the stress and craziness that all LC students are experiencing right now.  Even though I've been through this six other times, I always forget exactly what these last couple weeks of the semester are like.  It always sneaks up on me and hits me in the face.  You might expect one to get better as the years of college pile up but it's never easy.  Amidst all the final exam preparation, the term-paper writing and editing, and the presentations, there are the last non-academic events sprinkled throughout the last couple of weeks.  This week I have the end-of-season cross country banquet, a lunch with President Barry G. and the rest of the fall student-athletes, a dodgeball tournament and field trip to the Portland Art Museum to attend.  It's all fun and exciting, the anticipation has been building for quite some time but it still surprises me when I realize the deadlines are less than seven days away or that I will be going home to my family in less than twelve days....

Speaking of my family back home in Fort Collins, CO... This thanksgiving I did not make the trip home, instead I went to Seattle (about three hours away) with my boyfriend to spend the holiday with his family.  Thinking back to last week, it was a great time in a different city, a chance to get out of the Portland bubble for a couple days.  The best part of the weekend (besides the glorious food, of course) was exploring a new city and meeting new friends.  We ventured to Pike Place Market, a hip hop concert at the Crocodile Cafe, up to Capitol Hill to a speak easy bar, and Gasworks.  I had a great conversation with Grandma Betty, a fabulous old woman who lived most of her life in a small town in eastern Washington.  Right now, as I sit on my couch trying to put the finishing touches on essay number 2 of 6, I keep finding my mind drifting away.  Away to last weekend and away to what lies ahead in about thirteen days.  Winter break is almost close enough to touch but there are about 50 pages standing between me and some much needed R&R.

Thanks for reading about my hectic life this week.. I'll check again at least once more before the end of finals.. In the mean time, enjoy NOT being a LC student this week and get some extra sleep for all of us.