Halfway Done

The semester is in full swing now. We are officially half way done with our semester. It sounds so weird saying that… It feels just like yesterday that I was arriving back in Portland after a nice winter break. Now spring break is only two weeks away!

School has definitely picked up now. Within the span of two weeks, I will have four tests and a paper due before I get to go home and relax for a week. So with all this work, getting sick was the worst thing to happen to me. Fortunately it was only a little cold, so with some NyQuil and lots of sleep this weekend, I was able to beat it without missing any classes. So now it’s out of my room and back to the library to study for my next classes.

Even with all this work on my plate right now, I was able to get away last Thursday for a little fun. My friend Mikey was able to get us tickets to the Portland Trail Blazers game versus the Dallas Mavericks, my favorite NBA team. The main reason I wanted to go was to watch my favorite player, Dirk Nowitzki, play. He is one of the best power forwards to play and is 7th in all time scoring!

The best part of going to the game was that the tickets were only nine  dollars! Mikey was able to get them really cheap a few hours before the game. If any of are you interested in going to these games, somewhere there is an app that you sign up for that alerts you if there are open seats available the night before the game.  It’s part of a student package for people in the area. The only downside to these tickets is  that they are just standing seats, and are at the very top.

So Thursday night we took the Max all the way to the Rose Quarter, which is across the river from downtown, where the Moda Center is located. Getting in was super easy and we got all the way up to our seats just as the game was starting. Now these were the absolute nosebleed seats. Our “seats” were at the very top, the row after where the chairs stopped. We could either stand or sit on the concrete, but for nine dollars I'd say it was worth it!



The view from the very top!


Unfortunately the game didn't go too well, at least from my perspective as a Mavericks fan. They ended up losing pretty badly, but I did get to see Dirk Nowitzki play. Also, in between the 3rd and 4th quarters, a fan hit a halfcourt shot to win a car! The entire crowd went crazy for the lucky guy.

Now it’s time to push through and finish up the semester. I’ll be spending plenty of time in the library studying my butt off. Until next week everyone!

-Remington Campbell
Enjoying spring. It hasn't rained in over a week!


Me running at morning workouts.