Busy Busy Busy

So it's my final semester of College and it looks like its going to be a busy one.  There isn't one large task that is taking up a lot of my time, instead I'm doing a lot of different things around campus.  So today I decided to talk about everything I do and will do this semester.

First off I am a student.  I am lucky that I got all of my General Education requirements out of the way early so that now I have a lot of freedom to choose what classes I want to to take.  This semester I am taking Drawing 1, Astronomy, Prevention and Care of Injuries, and Behavioral Genetics.  All of these but the last one are for fun and are not required for my Major or for any other Gen-Ed requirements.  If there is one tip that I give to anyone starting college it is that you get your Gen-Ed's out of the way as fast as you can so you don't have to worry about them and you can take classes that are fun and interest you that are out of your field of study.

The second largest commitment that I have is being an Resident Advisor.  This task hasn't changed much from last semester other that I now know everyone in my hall very well and the community that we have is very close.  It is surprising how close my residents have become even after living each other for a few short months.  The big thing now is that we are in the middle of hiring RA's for next year.  This means that I'm helping conduct interviews, along with other tasks to filter candidates. Along with this a few of my residents are applying and I'm attempting to help them through the process as well.

Another large commitment I have is being a Varsity Athlete again.  I decided to join the Track & Field team again (I came to L&C in part to be a hurdler) and I'm super excited to be competing again.  This season I will most likely be running the 400m, 800m, and doing long and triple jump.  It's been strange running again because I haven't actually ran track since my Senior Year of High School.  However it has also been super fun and the ream is full of great people that I am excited to be able to compete with for the next few months.

My final and strangest commitment is planning my life. I have 86 (no I'm not counting) days until Graduation and I have no clue what I will be doing next year.  My only plan right now is to hike the PCT (Pacific Crest Trail) this summer.  For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a Hiking Trail that runs 2,650(ish) miles from Mexico to Canada, and I plan on walking through all of it.  In my free time (of which I have very little) I am planning how I will get to and from the trail, how I will get my food resupplies, meet-ups with friends and family along the way, as well as surviving the entire ordeal.  Mixed in is some planning and applying for Jobs and Internships but I haven't started stressing about those too much yet.

Anyway that is how my semester is shaping out to be.  If you have any questions about whatever I am doing or just life at Lewis & Clark in general, feel free to shoot me an email at jprovost@lclark.edu.

Hope you all have a wonderful week!
-Josh