Welcome back!

Hello everyone! My name is Remington Campbell, and I am a junior here at Lewis & Clark. This will be my third year doing the Real Life blog, so I am looking forward to showing everyone a little bit of what my life is like here. I am from Brawley, California, which is a small town in Southern California. I have lived there my whole life, and I love it there. Currently I am majoring in biochemistry, and I plan to use that degree to go on to vet school and become a large animal veterinarian. Also, I am a linebacker on  the L&C Pioneers football team. One other thing is that I am a Resident Advisor here on campus in Copeland Hall. This means that I am living in the dorms here helping those who also live here with everything in their lives and making sure everyone is staying safe and having a good experience with college.

This past summer I had the opportunity to work in a feedlot as I did last summer, which is really helpful experience for becoming a veterinarian since I get so much hands-on experience with the animals. For those of you who don’t know what a feedlot is, it is where cattle are sent to be raised before they go to slaughter. Most of my days were spent either cleaning the drinkers or helping to process the steers by giving the medicines and checking for any problems the cattle might have. It was hard work, but I really enjoyed it. In addition to that, I was able to shadow a veterinarian and help him with his work every few weeks or so. All of this was really good experience for me.

Other than that, school is in full swing. I am taking three classes this semester. I am taking Molecular Biology, which has a five hour lab, Structural Biochemistry, and Political Science. All these classes keep me super busy, and football just makes it a little tougher. However, I love football, and the full schedule makes me have to work at time mangagement and stay focused on school which helps me a lot.

So that’s just a little bit about me for now. I’m sure you’ll get to know me more as the year progresses. So stay tuned!

-Remington

My brother Alex and I after our first home game. 

My teammate Thor and I.