Birthday Festivities

Hello All,

This past Friday was my birthday!  Yes, Happy Birthday to me.  I turned 20, relinquishing the last of my effervescent teenage years in the blink of an eye.

On Friday, my friend Grace and I went to dinner at Elephant’s Delicatessen to celebrate my birthday, my favorite restaurant in all of Portland, and a definite recommendation for anyone in the Portland area.  All of the restaurant's food is fantastic, and it has great vegetarian options and a wide selection of all different styles of foods for all types of foodies.

On Saturday, my family drove up to Portland to visit me.  My mom, dad, and I went to an urban diner (yes, apparently those exist) called The Original.  The highlight of the meal was the appetizer that included hamburger sliders with fresh doughnuts as the buns.  Quite a unique experience, but a tasty one nonetheless.

After dinner, my parents and I went to a play at the Keller Auditorium, a local theater for large-scale Broadway-style productions.  We saw Beautiful: The Carole King Musical.  I am a huge fan of Carole King, and I recommend all readers to check out her music, and furthermore her story, because it is an extremely interesting one.  The play was one of the best I had ever seen, and was the perfect gift.

My birthday weekend concluded unfortunately speedily and Week 11 of classes began today.  Nothing new or exciting to report!

I finish each post with a cheap joke, as I believe humorous puns are the spice of life.  Additionally, I add a “Song of the Week” in order for you readers to get to know me more personally.

Cheap Joke Monday: Why do ghosts never win races?
                    They're always dead tired!

Song of the Week: “I Feel the Earth Move” by Carole King (particularly relevant)

I’ll be posting weekly on the Real Life Blog, on either Saturday or Sunday (except for this week, my apologies). For any questions, comments, or cheap jokes you’d like to share with me, you may contact me via email at zack@lclark.edu.