Roommate Shenanigans


As I mentioned before, I’m overloading this semester and, as should be expected, that means I don’t have as much time to get up to cool things such as hot springs, visiting home, or general fall festivities.   Nevertheless, I had plenty of fun over break, in addition to spending some time studying.  Earlier this week, my roommate’s service dog, Luca, got herself into some trouble (see photo below) when she was unsupervised.  When off duty she’s like any other dog and had decided that she wanted to lick the butter out of an empty popcorn bag.  I came back to the room not two minutes after I left and she’s waving her head around with the bag stuck in it.  My roommate and I both found this hilarious.


My roommate and I get along really well together.  (We were roommates last year as well).  A big part of getting along well is returning favors, helping each other decorate, and keeping up traditions.  Well… kinda.  See last year during the beginning of fall semester she started hiding sticky notes with “noot noot” written on them in my stuff.  I swear at one point or another there was a noot noot in every single one of my books, the pocket of every coat, and hidden in every piece of furniture.  So of course, as a good roommate, I had to return the favor.  While she was gone I did a bit of redecorating: plastering her wall and ceiling with 400 of the things.  (Honestly, over the course of the year she probably gave me more than 400 of them).  Pictures can be seen here: https://reallifelc.blogspot.com/2016/11/revenge-is-dish-best-served.html   Since she went home for fall break I was again left with time on my hands and decided to do a little surprise decorating.  She loved it and is already planning her revenge.  I’ll keep you guys posted as to what she comes up with.


Any questions about life here at L&C?  Send me an email at ameliaberle@lcark.edu