Gameday

Hey Everyone!
My name is Jack and I am currently a freshman here at L&C. I am from a little town in the Bay Area. Yes I am one of the many people from the Bay Area. I am on the football team here and some of my favorite things to do away from the classroom and the field is anything that has to do with the outdoors from hiking to fly fishing, as well as playing drums. I am currently on track to be majoring in both History and Anthropology.
For this blog, I just wanted to go over what an average, in-state, away game for football. We start up the day by waking up around 7:30-8:00 and then go to Chapel and breakfast at the Bon from 8:15-9:00. After breakfast, we go down to the locker room and pack our bags with our gear. Offense/Defensive meetings usually go from about 9:20-9:50. We board the busses and leave around 10:15 and kickoff is usually at 1:00 pm

Since we played at Pacific University this weekend, the bus ride was only about 30-45 minutes. Being from a fairly urban part of the Bay Area, one of the best perks of traveling to away games is being able to see the Oregon country side, especially during the fall. 

As for the rest of the weekend for football players, some decide to knock out some of their homework and studying on Saturday nights, especially with some midterms still lingering around. The majority of us still do a fair amount of homework on Sunday. 
One way that I didn’t know would have any connection from football to school was how my Russian 101 class (yes I really do take Russian) made me able to learn the offensive playbook better. A playbook is basically descriptions and diagrams of how to execute a play correctly. I was able to take concepts and studying techniques from Russian and be able to apply it to learning what I had to do each play on the field. 
Though it was definitely a tough game this weekend, Monday always brings about the necessary time to correct what went wrong and continue to prepare for the next game. 

I look forward to talking with you guys later this week!

Jack