Fall Updates + Resources

Hi everyone! How's it going? How are you?

I'm so sorry for being super mia lately! Lots of things have been happening in my personal life and a lot of it has put a toll on my academics. I've been struggling to keep up with my assignments and finding time to deal with everything else. What is super nice about professors at LC is that everyone is understanding of your situations. Like, I went to my research professor and she helped me make an appointment with Student Support Services and they guided me in the right direction to find the resources I needed. They made my professors aware of my situation and I have been able to receive extensions on my assignments and I have been able to slowly catch up on all the work that I have.

Other than that, my semester has been pretty well. Thanksgiving break is coming up and I'm flying back home! It's been super windy and cold here lately (but no rain!) and some warmth from the California sun is what I really need. I've also been doing research into with study abroad program I want to apply for! Right now, it's between South Korea for Spring 2020 or Vietnam for Fall 2020! What's stopping me from making a final decision is whether or not I can do senior thesis if I go spend half of my senior year abroad. Lots of meetings have been going on between me, my academic advisors, and my faculty advisor. They have all been super patient and helpful in suggesting what I should do and what my plan would be if I were to choose this or choose that!

Oh! Registration for next semester classes have started and ohh my goodness, registration is at 7 am this year! I mean, I'm usually up before 7 am but being that stressed to register for classes so early in the day just makes me restless! First round went really well last week and I was able to register for my first choice which was physics 142 and second round is this week! Fingers crossed that I'm able to get all the classes that I want!
When registration is finished, I'll make a post about what classes I got!

Anyways, I wanna try to be more consistent on my posting and I will try my best to but life is full of unexpected events and balancing my 20 units has been in the way! I hope you all have an amazing rest of the week! Remember to take care of yourselves!

♥ Jessica