FINALS!!

Hello everyone!

This week was our last full week of classes. Just three more day of
The Circuit Bouldering Gym
classes, then reading days and final exams. I cannot believe that I only have a week and a half left of my first semester of college. Lewis & Clark really feels more like home now. On Thursday I went to the Circuit Bouldering gym to go rock climbing which was really fun. LC College Outdoors offers a free shuttle on Monday and Thursday nights that takes students to various bouldering gyms in the area. It was really nice to get off campus, workout, and take a moment to reset before finals. Currently, I am sitting in the library working on final essays and this blog post.

In my Colonial Latin American History class, I am working on my final project which is a group project about African influences on Colonial Latin American music. I really like my history class because we get to show our knowledge through essays and projects rather than cumulative content exams. It has also been really interesting to research the topic of African influences on music because I am taking on the role of an ethnomusicologist which is something I have never done before and I am learning so much about Latin American music and its origins. The final project is cool because we are creating a museum exhibit that looks at the larger theme of African influence on Colonial Latin American society in relation to race and labor. Each group has a different topic. One group is looking at religion, another is looking into cuisine and other aspects.

For my Exploration & Discovery class, I am working on my final paper where I discuss Virginia Woolf’s A Room of One’s Own and its relation to The Communist Manifesto. In my E&D class, we are also finishing up the semester by reading poems by Saeed Jones.


Have a wonderful day,

Sarah