Count Down to Spring Break

Hello everyone!


I cannot believe that this is the last week of classes before Spring Break. I am definitely ready and in need of a break. My classes have been quite challenging this semester but in a good way. I have three midterms this week: one for econ, middle east politics, and American politics, as well as a full annotated bibliography due for our big E&D research papers. I am definitely a little stressed out because I need to not only study for all these tests but also complete daily readings/assignments as well as pack for the break.


This weekend we had our first official race (Logger Invite) of the spring crew season in Tacoma. We were up bright an early at about 5AM to load up on the bus and head off to race. It was beautiful on the lake; the sun was shining and Mount Rainier could be clearly seen from the middle of the lake. Racing is super fun and it is really fun to hang out with friends and coaches.


The weather this past week has been unreal and this coming week is supposed to be really nice too (high 60s for some days)! My friend and I put up our hammocks one afternoon to do a little studying in the fresh air.  The sun has been out, flowers are blooming, and I can see the buds forming on the trees. Spring is upon us and in a few weeks will be in full bloom! It might be turning to rain again shortly but for now, I am soaking up as much sun as I can. It is also nice because the nice weather has decided to come right when we are all trying to get through midterms so it just make
New desk
s everyone a little happier and the days are “longer” now too.



This week I actually moved out of my room in Copeland and into a new room in Manzanita (one of the four Forest residence halls). I moved out because a spot opened up in a quad with some of my close friends and they are also the people I am going to be rooming with next school year. I really like living in the new dorm because I am surrounded by all of my friends which is pretty neat.


Have a wonderful day,
Sarah