Spring Break! Finally

Hello everyone,

CAB Exec Board
We made it! This week has literally felt so long due to tests but also due to the weather. On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday we had lots of sunshine and temperatures were reaching 70ยบ so it really felt like spring/summer for a minute. One of my professors had class outside for a couple days. However, we have now reverted back to the usual Portland clouds and rain.

Ruth Carter!
On Monday, the Campus Activities Board (CAB) did another one of our pop-ups. We got all sorts of fun doughnuts and gave them away to students in the morning as a little boost for the last week. Tuesday was spent soaking up the sun and studying for midterms. That afternoon we had another 2k test for rowing. On Wednesday night I had the opportunity to attend Ruth Carter’s talk that she gave at LC. She is a professional costume designer who just won an Oscar for her work on Black Panther. It was so amazing to hear her story and see this strong woman of color in the film industry. On Thursday, my roommates and I got a futon for our room. We were a little worried it might not fit but it did! It makes our room feel so much homier and all our friends can sit on it or sleep on it when people stay over. On Friday, I finished up my last test and headed to the airport to go home.

New couch!
I am really looking forward to spending some much-needed time with my family and at home. It will be nice to take a minute to breathe and get ready to head back into the final push of the semester.

Have a wonderful day,
Sarah