Goodbye Lewis & Clark (not quite)



Commencement was Saturday.  I can't begin to describe what it feels like to have graduated.  You know the feeling when you expect things to be different after your birthday?  The same thing happens here except this time it is both true and not.  On the one hand, you just finished finals so your house is still a disaster from all the time you spent studying instead of doing the dishes; instead of classes, you went to visit and do things with your family so each day has still been full; and all the usual tasks still have to happen each day.  Life has not changed much yet.  On the other hand, after four years of time here, you’re done.  Unless your new job happens to be on campus, you’re going to move off and dedicate your time to some other task.  After the past few weeks of only focusing on that thesis or those finals or that other presentation, you’re faced with a future ahead of you.

Five-hundred and forty-something of us walked yesterday and now we are all headed in different directions.  For me, I am going home for the summer to run a week-long camp, study for the GRE, and work on finding a job.  I want to take the GRE at the end of the summer so I am prepared when I decide to start applying to graduate schools.  For now though, I plan on taking a year or two to work so I can help sort out exactly what I want to study in the future.

Despite graduating, my time at L&C isn’t over yet though.  I will still be here through May 22nd for a Wilderness First Responder course, so I’m not even done with L&C classes, and I might be in occasionally still to work in the College Outdoors office. As always, if you have questions about L&C life, please email me at ameliaberle@lclark.edu!