Exam season begins!

This past week has really flown by. In the athletic world, the volleyball team had a game on Wednesday against George Fox where we swept them in 3! Usually, we play teams Friday and Saturday night, but mid-week games are super fun. I think that it makes our Monday and Tuesday practices way more engaging because the pace of the practice is faster. Friday night, we played Pacific Lutheran, a top three team in our conference, and that game was most definitely the best we as a team have played all season. We played for each other and gave to our teammates.

Saturday morning, we hosted an alumni tournament where previous players of the college volleyball team got to come and play against and with the current team. We had a good amount of alums show up and had a wide range of classes from people who graduated last year to a graduate from the class of 1989! It was a great opportunity to ask them questions about their experience both academically and post-graduation. One tip that I received was to study abroad. I hope to study abroad the spring semester of my junior year here at LC.

In the academic world, I have my first exam of the semester coming up this Wednesday for Psychology. It will be focused on the different kinds of conditioning, different types of learning, and intelligence. Class got canceled on Friday due to my professor coming down with the flu. Two of my professors have gotten the flu as it is making its way around campus. I am definitely being mindful and staying hydrated as well as taking a lot of Emergen-c.

My Econ class continues to be the class that I am finding the most challenging for a couple of reasons. 1) It takes place at 8 AM and 2) I find that it is like a massive puzzle and I need to figure out how to put all of the pieces together.

At the end of this week the volleyball team will travel to Washington to play Whitman and Whitworth, so we don't really get a Fall Break like the rest of the campus but on the bright side, we don't miss any classes to travel which is a big bonus.

As always, if there are any questions, please don't hesitate to ask :)

~ Isabel Artiaga

iartiaga@lclark.edu