Registering for Spring Semester 2020

At the beginning of November, we registered for spring semester classes. I really enjoy registering for classes, I enjoy planning out my schedule for the semester, and getting excited about the classes I'll be taking and the professors I'll have. I know it's exciting for me to see what classes are offered so I thought I would give everyone a glimpse into what classes LC offers and what a typical sophomore might be taking. 

Before I talk about my classes, any prospective students can check out all the classes offered this semester and next through Webadvisor, and the whole course catalog is here.

My classes for next semester: 
  • ENVS 220 Environmental Analysis (Lab)
    • I took the intro to environmental studies class last year and it was really interesting to me. I decided not to major in it, but I still enjoyed the subject so I decided to take the ENVS lab as my lab science general education requirement. I've met the professor and I've really enjoyed the conversations I've had with her so I'm excited for the class. Science isn't my strong suit but I think the class will be good
  • POLS 305 American Constitutional Law: Civil Liberty 
    • I want to go to law school after undergrad so I'm looking forward to this class so that I can get a taste of that. The professor, Todd Lochner, is a lawyer and is supposed to be a very tough but good teacher. It'll be a strange class because it's from 6-7:30 at night but I think it will be a class that brings all the students together. 
  • POLS 346 State and Local Politics 
    • I think this is the class I'm most looking forward to, it's going to be less than 10 people and I think it will be a great discussion class. I know the professor, I have her right now for my research methods class and I really like her. I also know a lot of people that will be in the class and I think it will be a fun time, and the subject matter really interests me 
  • SPAN 370 Latin America and Spain: Enlightenment to the Present 
    • I've really enjoyed my previous Spanish classes, they're usually small and it's all discussion-based, and the material is really interesting. Right now in my 321 Spanish class, we're reading poetry from the Spanish revolution. It's also been a great way to learn about history and the intersection of history and art. 
  • WLL 240 Intro to Linguistics 
    • I'm overloading with this class, and I'm not fully sure if I'll be able to take it, but I've always thought linguistics was a fascinating subject and I know I would enjoy learning more about it. I've heard good things about this class so I'm hoping I can take it.
  • Ballroom Dancing (PE)
    • I'm in ballroom dancing this semester and I've really enjoyed it. I won't say I'm great at it, but it's a great way to meet people and it's very fun. I've learned the basics of tango, foxtrot, waltz, and rumba. I think it'll be great to take the class again and get better at all the dances. 

If you have any questions, please email me at quentingaul@lclark.edu. I would love to answer any questions!