Looking Ahead

Hello everyone,


Juliana's piece in Dance Y
Week 3.5 of social distancing at home in Minnesota done. Happy Easter to those who celebrate it and happy Passover as well. It’s clearly spring in Minnesota as it was 70 degrees and sunny on Tuesday and has now snowed all day today. There are only 3 weeks of classes left now of spring semester which is kind of crazy. It’s all gone so fast. I am looking forward to classes being over because trying to concentrate and be productive at home is hard. However, I’ll miss getting to see classmates digitally every week. This weekend would have been Dance Y at Lewis & Clark. 

On Wednesday, rising juniors registered for their first class and then we register for the rest of our fall 2020 classes this week. I signed up for Math 105 Perspectives in Statistics to satisfy my math gen-ed requirement. I’ll be signing up for 3 or 4 other courses later this week which are: International Relations Theories, Religions of the NW, Human Rights, and maybe Islam in the Modern World. I am really looking forward to all of these classes. I’ll be finishing up the international affairs major during my junior year and will continue working on the religious studies minor. 

I am super excited to announce that I will be an Admissions Fellow for the 2020-21 school year. The Fellows team works with the admissions counselors and staff to plan and run all the events, interview prospective students, give info sessions and tours, and much more. I am grateful to have this position and I am excited to be even more involved in Admissions at Lewis & Clark. 

Obviously nothing is certain about the future because of COVID-19 but we all still have to keep planning and living our lives because tomorrow will come. We have to hope for the best but also prepare for the worst and be rational. That being said, I am really excited for my junior year in whatever form it takes place. I signed my first lease and have a house to live in that’s near school. I am hopeful to be involved in many things as usual next school year: NSO leader, CAB Vice Chair, IA symposium committee member, Engagement and Outreach Coordinator for ASLC, Dance X/Y, and other things.   


Stay safe and stay informed,

Sarah