LET'S TALK: remote college, new year, and more

 hello lovely peoples :) from wherever you are, thanks for tuning in and taking the time today to read this blog.

life’s been absolutely wild in all possible ways, I’m sure we can all recognize that. But we’re still here and in more ways than others and at the end of the day, I think we’re all just trying. yay us.

during the winter break I got the chance to constantly call my roommate and neighbor living in Hawai’i and Oregon, we spent hours upon hours talking about the strangest things, and we also wished my roommate a happy 19th birthday, so that was exciting and fun. 


let’s talk about winter break, wow. It really was a much needed break not only from the academia environment but from studies in general. winter break was so nice, being able to do me, to sleep without guilt of not being productive or “working”. It is understandable that people (always) have work to do or get done, but I made myself step away from that mindset and literally engage in the whole purpose of the break, in some ways I feel that’s a privilege. that’s intense, but that’s just my mind, constant powerful thoughts roaming my mind as if there’s something to find or search for. 


friendships are relationships and therefore hold space for growth, love, memories and more. I feel privileged to say that I stayed on campus for my fall semester and met some awesome people, formed some positive relationships with all of three some people. now that I’m in a different state, continuing friendships can be challenging, but I can confidently say that (for now) my friends and I are making the necessary efforts to keep it existing. it’s a whole different challenging dynamic because these friendships were so impactful and meaningful to me, so we make efforts to check in on one another. i think that’s the one of the most important things, and it’s nice to know that people care as much as you do.


this semester I decided to stay arizona and complete all my classes online. sometimes when I think about my decision I lowkey don’t like it, but I also remember why I chose what I chose. 

the semester has just begun so I’m enrolled in two sociology and anthropology classes: reproductive justice and research theory & design, an introduction to spanish course (eu falo um pouco de português, então isso ajuda), (I absolutely love and enjoy learning languages), and lastly my first year seminar course called words: horror, suspense, and paranoia. I already love my reproductive justice class and spanish is entertaining, but I think it’ll take some time for me to come around for my other two courses. other than that I always find myself just trying to get through the day, which expands to the week and to the semester. this semester is going to be interesting and as much as I’m looking forward to it, I’m excited to write, make videos and share things and experiences (virtually ofc) through the LC blogging page.


tchau, until next time.




RO


& GILL