post-show slump

Hey hi! This week was filled with a very interesting mix of emotions. Sunset being at 4:30 combined with the closing of Passion Play proved to be quite the challenge. But, as has been my experience since I’ve been here, my L&C family came to my rescue.

I swore to myself that after Passion Play closed, I would give myself a break to catch up on sleep, homework, and my hobbies outside of theatre. But, that didn’t quite happen….

 

I guess I just can’t help myself!

 

I spent this past week involved in a rag-tag production of The Play That Goes Wrong. This show is a slapstick comedy that features countless elaborate stunts, involving both the cast and the ginormous set. Normally, this play would take many weeks, maybe even months, to produce. However, in the ever-present spirit of “the show MUST go on,” the show went on! 

 

Having only a week to produce such a large show proved a bit difficult, but with a team of devoted and creative students to cut the script, create the set, gather the props, and be the characters, it happened nonetheless.

 

The show did indeed go wrong! Actors marathoned through, scripts in hand, and the audience loved it! I guess the only way to cure a post-show slump is to immediately get involved in another show!

 

Of course, I kid. It’s so important to give yourself the breaks you need to take care of yourself and your responsibilities. That being said, the theatre department here at L&C sure makes it easy to find community and healing inside the Fir Acres walls.


The cast of The Play That Goes Wrong

Like many of you, I’m sure, I also find healing in SOUP!

 

That’s right, it’s For the Love of Soup!

 

This week’s soup is the Bon’s chicken noodle soup. I found myself incredibly excited when I saw this on the menu, as I’ve been craving chicken noodle soup for quite some time now. With fall setting in, I’ve found that the desire for home-cooked meals has increased tenfold, and chicken noodle soup is a home-cooked classic. 

 

That being said, I was taken a bit by surprise when I opened the lid to the kettle. Instead of traditional chicken noodle soup, I found a stew made with macaroni noodles! It wasn’t bad, but I definitely think that it could have used some more flavor. Some more salt and a bit of spice would have done it well.

Soup Review: 2.5/5 stars

 

That’s all for this week! Enjoy this next week of fall!

 

-Mack

(they/she/he)

 

email: mwille@lclark.edu

insta: @mack_mae11