Saturday holiday fun

Hello everyone! We are quickly approaching reading days and finals and the end of the semester. That means that unlike the weather outside which has gotten much colder, the heat is cranked up on the workload and stress levels. Lots of papers to write, tests to study for, presentations to prepare and so on. We're all in this together! We just have to remember to give ourselves a little break sometimes in these last two weeks of the semester. Yesterday, I took a break from my studies at the library to do a secret santa gift exchange with some people from the crew team. I was pleasently surprised at how many thoughtful gifts were exchanged and the amount of joy that they brought. People received candies, friendship bracelets, handmade earings, crocheted flowers, cute mugs, tea, sriracha, a jellybean pooping unicorn, and a pink cowboy hat. I was excited to be gifted some gourmet pasta and peanut butter cups. Afterwards I got dinner with a few friends from Bannings, a prime breakfast, dinner, and pie spot. I went and saw the Dance Extravaganza Performance where I saw several dances choreographed, run, and performed by LC students. There were intriguing stories told about nature, high school, and friendship through movement, costumes, music, and film. After that I rejoined some of my crew friends for a wholesome evening of watching Frozen 2, baking holiday cookies, drinking hot tea, and painting. This was the highlight of my week, and definitely worth the sacrificed homework time. There is a lot of work to be done, but I know the semester will be over in a blink of an eye. I'll leave you with a picture of some of the holiday spirit at my house, featuring the wooden nutcracker I painted yesterday and my peeping cat.