Multicultural Fair

Hello everyone!

This last week has been really busy, because I had a couple of big tests/presentations. Fortunately those are all over now (for a few days...) and I think they went well enough. I'm starting to plan my schedule for next semester (and the next three years), and I'm meeting with my advisor this week to talk about ideas. It's really exciting! At this point I'm planning on taking Spanish, French, Intro to Environmental Studies, and E&D (the freshman seminar), so my schedule will look pretty similar to this semester. Because I'm planning on double majoring, I have a ton of classes I need to fit in, so I've already come up with a rough sketch of my four year plan. Let the fun begin!
The big event last weekend was the multicultural fair. The dorm I live in, Akin, hosts this fair every year in conjunction with any other students who want to participate. Because we are such fans of Minnesota, my friend Tess and I decided to make enough tater tot hotdish (it's like casserole) for 130 people. We spent Friday night cooking, then rushed off to a First Aid Kit concert downtown. We got there on the early side, which meant really good spots!
We were out kind of late, because they didn't even come on until 10:15. We decided to go to VooDoo Donuts, but there was still a line at midnight on a rainy night. It was worth the wait.
The next morning, I got up early to finish cooking. At 11 the doors opened, and from there everything ran really smoothly! There was a lot of good food, some good performances, and fun had by all. Here's Tess and me at our table, and a close up of our sign:

After the fair I promptly fell asleep, and slept for most of the rest of the day. Sunday was dedicated to homework, but I didn't have too much since I had tests on Friday.
And now, another week! As always, feel free to email me with any questions or comments at rekidder@lclark.edu.