Thank you for sharing.

Hello!
First, I want to say a quick thank you for visiting this blog and checking it out.  I've read some very cool stories from my fellow Lewis & Clark-ers here as they share a bit about their lives with the big scary Internet. 

Ok. This is the beginning of my blog so I'll start by telling you a bit about myself.   My name is Kaitlyn Throgmorton, I am a senior International Affairs major at LC.  I grew up in Fort Collins, Colorado.  I have a younger brother, he's 20 and in his second year at a small junior college in Montana.  Moving away from home and away from my family was difficult for me but Portland is the best place I could have asked for to end up.  Lewis & Clark provides a community on Palatine Hill and Portland provides a million fun things to do all the time.  I really enjoy exploring the city but also getting out of the city into the beautiful landscape that is the Pacific Northwest. Because of LC, I've been able to travel abroad two different semesters.  I spent one semester in Australia and last spring I was in Morocco (but I'll tell you more about that later).

One big part of my life on the Hill is the cross-country team.  This is my fourth year on the team and I absolutely love it.  Portland, especially the Hill atop which is LC, is a fantastic place to run.  Tryon State Park is about three blocks from campus and has become my safe haven, my release, my happy place while at LC.  Last season was the first time any LC XC team earned a spot at the National cross-country race.  We went and it was a crazy, intense, exciting, and painful experience.  We are trying to earn that spot again this season, working hard now so we will be able to compete against other teams in our conference and region during competitions in October and November.  Last weekend we went to Indiana for the pre-national race.



This week is Fall Break.  We have a four-day weekend and it is much needed.  It’s been a crazy busy couple of weeks and I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed.  I’m really looking forward to having a little bit of extra time to sleep and catch up on homework this weekend.  I also have plans to go to the farmer’s market, go on a day trip to the hot springs, hang out with my housemates, run, eat doughnuts, and watch a movie (all things I haven’t had much time to do in the last couple weeks).  

So that’s a brief snapshot of my life.  I’ll tell you more in the weeks to come. 
Thank you for reading!