One Last Visit

With school beginning to wind down, my girlfriend Ava came up to visit me one more time before we both head home for the summer. She got in late Thursday night, so I was able to take the Max out to the airport to get her, and we made it back to downtown in time to catch the Pio back  to school. The next day, while she slept in, I went to the Festival of Scholars. This is an event for juniors and seniors to showcase their theses or research to the rest of the students in the school. While at the festival, I was even able to get information that will help with my biology presentation this week. From the presentation I attended, my group will be able use information about rainbow trout that we learned while there.

All classes were cancelled that day, so it was perfect for Ava and me. After the festival, Ava and I went and got lunch at the Trail Room, which is downstairs from the Bon and offers regular food such as burgers and pizza.  This weekend the weather was absolutely amazing. There wasn’t a cloud in the sky, and it was just warm enough to sit in the sun and eat our lunch. We were both amazed at experiencing what spring is really like since spring doesn’t exist for us at home because it’s so hot. Once we finished eating, we went out to the gardens by the reflecting pool to lay out in the sun and enjoy the amazing day. It was really peaceful to just relax after a long week and enjoy the sun.

For the most part, Ava and I didn’t do a whole lot this weekend except hang out and be with each other. Most of that was due to the fact that we had already explored most of the tourist places here in Oregon that we could get to by public transportation. Having her and my brother visit back to back weekends has really given me the energy to push through and finish this semester. It’s hard to believe that my first year of college is already over.
Enjoying all the sun!





Looking forward to this week, I have two presentations due this week for Biology and E&D on Wednesday and Thursday, and another two next week. Also, I need to finish up my research paper, which is on the decline of the cavalry during the First World War and the role veterinarians played in it. It has been very interesting doing research on this topic since I want to become a veterinarian myself.

Well, that’s all for this week. I know the deadline for choosing a college is close. Good luck with that. For me, Lewis & Clark has been a good choice!

-Remington Campbell