Last game and Registration

Sadly, this weekend was our final football game of this season. For our last game, we had to drive all the way up to Spokane, Washington. For those of you who have never been there before, it is six and half hours away from Portland by bus. Fortunately for our whole team, it wasn’t as cold as we thought it was going to be. It was only around 50 degrees and only overcast. Every one of us was expecting it to be snowing and freezing.

Unfortunately, we ended up losing that game, and I hurt my ankle in the game, so I had to be taken out at halftime. Although we lost all our games this year, I think our team made a lot of great strides this year. It was definitely a different atmosphere from last year. I’m extremely excited for next year, especially since our freshmen this year will have all spring to learn the system, and we should be bringing in another good group of freshmen.

This past week was also the time for me to register for classes next semester. At Lewis & Clark, registration is a pretty simple process which is convenient for a lot of people. Every single grade has a time slot at the beginning of the week which they can use to sign up for one class that they need the most. Since I am a sophomore, I had the last day of registration that was possible.The order is freshmen, seniors, juniors, and then sophomores last. After everyone registers for their first class, you have to wait another week until you can register for all the other classes. Thankfully, all the classes I needed to get  are all classes mainly for sophomores, so I am not worried about them filling up at all. Next semester will be pretty challenging for me. I have to take physics, calculus 2, Bio 200, and organic chemistry. It will definitely keep me busy!

Now that football is over with, I am going to have so much more free time. Without practice every night, I will be able to go to bed way earlier than I usually do during the week. My next challenge will be about finding the motivation to stay on top of my work. The crazy part is that we only have three real weeks of class left before finals. I am super excited for next week because I go home for Thanksgiving! It’s crazy how fast this year has gone.

That’s all I have for this week. I hope everyone is having a good November.
-Remington
My friend Blake and I before the game.