Back Again



Dog Sledding in MN
Hello again!  Classes have started up again and everyone is starting to get back into their college rhythms so it’s about time for us bloggers to start posting again.


In case you weren’t reading last semester’s blog posts I’ll introduce myself again, my name is Amelia Berle and I am a first year student here at Lewis and Clark.  I am likely going to major in biology and my hobbies include venturing (coed scouting), hiking, identifying plants and eating the safe ones, wilderness survival/wilderness living, and just generally being outdoors.

Secret Lake


Webelos Winter Camp Staff
As you have probably guessed, winter break has just ended.  With L&C students, winter break can get pretty interesting.  You have students who do the standard go home and sleep for a month all the way up to the students who don’t actually go home and spend their break having crazy adventures and students everywhere in between.  I was one of the in between group (I spent an entire 7 days where I was mostly at home).  During break, in addition to the visiting family and friends; I went snow camping on the Minnesota-Canada border, co-ran a winter camp for Cub Scouts, and helped staff a sled race where people pull the sleds instead of dogs.

Admissions Office staff caught weeding
Now that we are all back, things are slowly getting back to normal.  Clubs are starting up, the main rush to add/drop classes has died down, and you no longer hear people screaming as they see friends for the first time in a month.  The Saturday after MLK Day Student Leadership & Service (SLS) hosts a day of service. This year we had over 100 participants involved in service projects around Portland. I was part of a small group who helped at the Brentwood Community Garden by weeding and winterizing abandoned garden plots.  We were able to learn a lot about how community gardens work as well as a bit about the parks service.  We had a lot of fun, and managed to get quite dirty.


Fully Winterized

L&C Everyday Life: Meal Times

The Bon
As I sit here writing this, I am in line for brunch at The Bon (AKA Fields Dining Room).  Weekdays at The Bon have a fairly normal schedule, but during weekends they only serve 2 meals (brunch & dinner).  So even if you go for the 19 meals a week plan, you will want to be prepared to make your own breakfast twice a week (or just sleep-in like my roommates do).

Weekdays:
Breakfast 7:30am-9:30am
Continental breakfast 9:30am-10:30am
Lunch 11am-1:30pm
Snacks 1pm-4pm
Dinner 4:30pm-7pm

Weekends:
Brunch 11am-1:30pm
Dinner 4:30pm-7pm

The Trailroom
Our other main dining establishment, the Trailroom, serves lunch & dinner on weekdays, is closed Saturdays, and only serves dinner on Sundays.

Weekdays:
Lunch 11am-2:30pm
Dinner 5pm-10pm

Sundays:
Dinner 5pm-10pm

Links:


If you have any questions feel free to send me an email at ameliaberle@lclark.edu