Weekend Visit

Well, I survived my week of tests! I think I did well, so now I just have to see how everything goes once the tests are graded. It was such a huge relief to be able to finally relax after everything was done. Fortunately I have a few more weeks until any next  tests, so my classes should be easier until then.

This past weekend my girlfriend Ava came up to visit me from San Diego. It was nice to be  with her once all my classes were over with on Friday. We went downtown after class later that afternoon to  get dinner and see a movie. The movie we saw was Deadpool, which was hilarious. Once we got back from the movies we hung out with a few of my friends for a while before we went to bed.

The next morning we got up and went downtown to have brunch. What I have never known before is that going out for brunch is a very Portland thing to do, and it was super packed everywhere we tried. Fortunately, we found a place in the downtown area where we only had to wait about ten minutes before being seated. There are so many little food places downtown that we had a lot of options to chose from. After being seated, we got our food pretty quickly, and it was delicious. I got an omelette while eggs and chili in it while Ava got a stack of pancakes.

Since it was packed, we left as soon as  we were done and went to the zoo for a couple hours. I really wanted to go to see the cheetahs which are my favorite animals. It is always relaxing to go there and see the animals. The Oregon Zoo has  just recently opened its newly constructed Elephant Lands. When we went in November, it was still under construction. It was amazing to see it completed and the elephants enjoying their new habitat.

After the zoo, we went to Target to get a key lime pie, which is our new favorite, and then headed back to school to relax. That night all we did was eat the pie and watch a show on Netflix which was incredibly nice to relax to do after my stressful week. Sunday we didn’t do much either. We mostly sat around doing homework and relaxing. It’s always nice to have Ava here. It gives me an extra boost to keep doing well persevering!.

This week should be easy since all my tests are over, so all I have to do is a few pieces of homework and keep working out. So until next week…!

-Remington

The cheetah was pacing right in front of us!

Enjoying the square, pretending to be a model.