Spring Has Sprung, and Everyone Loves It

Springtime in Portland is an interesting and fun time.  In most places, spring means mild showers, some warm days, and some chilly, and a lot of flowers everywhere.  In Portland, all of those things and more will show up in one afternoon.  On Monday, it started off a beautiful sunny and mid 50's day, but then quickly started to rain, then back to sun, then suddenly hailed for a few minutes, and then became sunny again; all in a span of 30 minutes.  Portland Spring keeps you on your toes and reminds everyone to make sure that they are wearing layers and bring a raincoat everywhere they go.

   
                          Students hanging out outside                                 Beautiful flowers popping out outside my residence hall

Because it is warming up and being more spring-like, there have been more and more people hanging out outside doing work, tanning, throwing frisbees, or just getting a little Vitamin D.  It's amazing how quickly campus transforms when the sun comes out, it feels more alive and active and I (and everyone that I've seen) loves it.  Our campus is already ridiculously beautiful (we get ranked very highly in that category in most rankings) but when the sun comes out, I look around and can't believe where I am staying.  It amazes me daily that I go to school here and it isn't some place that people just visit because it's so pretty.

If you have any questions about L&C or life at college in general, feel free to email me at jprovost@lclark.edu.  Hope you all have a wonderful and beautiful week!
-Josh