Spring storm

Almost spring break! I am very happy that I get a week off. I really need it. It will be relaxing to go home, take some time off school, and not think about anything for a week. I just have to get through this week. I have a bio test on Friday, right before I fly home for the break. This past week I have had  a lot of studying. Thankfully, it is helping the time fly by.

Last weekend, to take a break from studying, I went snowboarding on Sunday at Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood. The lodge itself is very old and large. The outside of it was used in shots in the movie The Shining starring Jack Nicholson., As my friend Dylan and I drove up to the mountain, it began to dump snow!. All day it continued. We even had wind gusts up to 80 miles per hour, but thankfully they passed fairly quickly and the mountain wasn't shut down at all. Fortunately, there were not a lot of people there that day, so we never had to wait to get on the lifts. Overall these past few days, the mountain has gotten almost 40 inches of new snow, which is crazy because it is spring time.

All the snow on the way up. 
Also this past week, our spring ball started for football. This is the time where we actually slow down the pace and work to improve  our assignments over  last year. It is really helpful for me because I can build upon all that I learned last year during the season, such as improving myself for next season. In addition to improving myself, it gives me a chance to help teach some of the younger players who are on my team.

An interesting side note:  during practice this morning, I  saw two bald eagles fly right over the stadium, which was so amazing!

Well that’s all I have for this week. I am looking forward to getting a break very much.

-Remington

Dylan, on the right, and I snowboarding.