Halloweekend and Spooky Homecoming

Hello All,

Tomorrow us Pioneers begin Week 10 of the Fall Semester, and I cannot personally believe how quickly the year has passed!  We are almost to November already, and that can only mean one thing: Halloween.  Spooky.

In addition to Halloween, this weekend was also Homecoming Weekend.  Families from around the world visited and enjoyed a weekend’s worth of events on campus.  The football game against Willamette was a fun one to watch, and even though we didn't win, it was still a really interesting experience with all the parents and alumni at the game.  The stadium decorated in orange and black for our school’s colors, but also coincidently Halloween.

My family came and visited on Saturday, and we spent the day in downtown Portland.  It was great to see them and they were a great addition to the Halloweekend.  Halloween is unfortunately on a Monday this week, as many of us know, so we shall see what sort of spooky weekday festivities there will be on campus.


My family and I in front of Frank Manor House, attempting to fit six
people into a selfie (5 1/2 success)
For those of you who missed my last posts, I finish each post with a cheap joke, as I believe humorous puns are the spice of life.  Additionally, I add a “Song of the Week” in order for you readers to get to know me more personally.

Cheap Joke Sunday: How do you put a baby alien to sleep?
                   You rocket.

Song of the Week: “Cute” by D.R.A.M.

I’ll be posting weekly on the Real Life Blog, on either Saturday or Sunday.  For any questions, comments, or cheap jokes you’d like to share with me, you may contact me via email at zack@lclark.edu.