Welcome to Week 3!

L&C has been in session for a week and a half now and things are finally calming down enough for me to get back to writing.  In case you, like my brother, are just starting to look for colleges I will go ahead and introduce myself.  My name is Amelia Berle, I’m a sophomore and a Biology/Computer Science double major.  Currently I am working as a Lab Assistant for Bio 151 (our introductory genetics course) and when I am back home I run a summer/winter camp for Cub Scouts.  My hobbies include fire spinning, scouts, and identifying edible plants.  This is my second year writing for Real Life and if you have questions about anything I do you can send me an email at ameliaberle@lclark.edu.

Organic Chemistry II Lab
Since I am double majoring in two sciences, you should be unsurprised to learn that I am taking only STEM courses.  This semester I have Cell & Molecular Biology, Organic Chemistry II, Calculus II, and Computer Science II.  We are already in the thick of things for the two labs (biology and chemistry).  In bio we have started working on experiments with fruit enzymes and in chemistry we just finished our first experiment with the Wittig reaction.  I really enjoy science, so in my posts you’ll likely see updates about how these experiments are going. 

Biology 200 (Cell & Molecular) Lab

Not only classes have begun, the clubs are starting up as well.  Fire Arts has had three practices so far and we’re getting the hang of it again after more than a month without practice.  I have added a few pictures below, you should expect to see many of these in the coming months.




Questions?  Send me an email at ameliaberle@lclark.edu