International Fair and Spring!

Hey friends!

Today was the 52th annual LC International Fair! We have a ton of students who are either on the ESL program (English as a Second Language) - mostly from Japan and then a ton of other students who are here as international students, and more still that are like me who have grown up in the US but have ties to another country. This means we get to represent many of the countries present at LC.

We start the day off with brunch from many different countries! Students have spent the last 3 days cooking (I should know, all of my friends were helping and I helped a little last night) to make a few traditional dishes of their region. The Bon is transformed into a ton of stations with different cuisines and different tables of the represented countries.

International Bon 

Afterward there are performances in the chapel. These range from singing, a lot of dancing, some musical instrumental performances and a fashion show :) It's a blast to be involved but to also go watch it.
South East Asia group :D (majority of us) 

This year I was in a hip hop piece for Latin America and then two traditional dances for South East Asia.

Indonesia Dance 
I went on a run this morning, another 7 mile run! I've been doing the run down to Oswego a lot this week, totaling 35 miles this week! Feeling really proud and ready for my 15k coming up!


It's been a really good week, I did well on my midterms and I'm really proud of how much I've been running :D The weather in Portland is starting to turn to spring, this doesn't mean warm or sunny really (lol, keeping that Portland Pale) but the flowers have started to bloom! 

March is a good month in general; I'm going to a concert at the Crystal Ballroom, spring break is a few weeks away and that also means ACDA! 


Happy Spring you guys! Hope your weeks are all going well!
You can reach me if you have any questions or just want to talk at ksaylor@lclark.edu

Kate