Work work work

Hey friends,

Another week passed, one more to go. We're coming to that time where you blink and the semester is gone. It's a fun and exciting time where there is a lot happening, but it's exhausting.

A lot of people finished their exams last week and the excitement to just get through this last week and onto spring break is in the air. Unfortunately for myself I'm not quite there yet.

I had my biology 200 midterm last Monday, I have my organic chemistry midterm on Wednesday and my Brain and Behavior and calc exam Friday. Psych paper due Wednesday, and a lab report due Thursday. Then I'm done! This Thursday I'm going to a concert at the Crystal Ballroom - which, I bought these tickets months ago and should have planned a bit better, but it's one of - if not my favorite duo, Dan + Shay. I've only been to one concert before and I'm crazy excited! Means I really have to be ready for these exams by Thursday before I go...yay long late nights of studying...

Dance Y has been coming along really well and we're finished with our dance! We're cleaning it up a bit and making small adjustments but the choreo is there :) We've got a dress rehearsal the week after we get back, and then the performance is just a week after that! I'm really excited to see everyone else's piece.

ACDA is also just around the corner! Our last rehearsal is tomorrow!!! (Which is a bit scary too, cause it needs some work, but we'll get it done) In less than 2 weeks we'll be performing in front of judges and getting adjudicated. I'll also have the opportunity to take a ton of really interesting and diverse classes in different styles. I was looking over the schedule and theres a water ballet course that sounds really great, and then some hip hop classes and other more lyrical and contemporary classes. I can't wait! I've been dancing for over 14 years but I never competed or took any master classes so I'm really excited for this opportunity :)

I also had my study abroad interview today! I'm planning on going to Australia on the biology program. I was able to talk to Greta today and learn more about the itinerary and the finer details of what the program would be like and I can't wait. We'll be doing a lot of traveling and a ton of field research and getting lab experience. We'll start in Sydney then travel to an aboriginal town, then to Brisbane and from there all over the Gold Coast, the rain forests, the outback, the Great Barrier Reef... The list goes on and I'm ecstatic, it really can't come fast enough!

I have a lot of exciting things coming up, I just have to remind myself that as I pull some late nights >.<

I hope everyone is having a good spring break, I know a lot of y'all are hearing from your colleges and now having to decide where you want to go! I wish you all the best of luck and hope you find a school that is the right fit :)

As always if you have any questions about student life, dance, study abroad, anything about LC feel free to reach out to me @ ksaylor@lclark.edu!

I'm happy to answer your questions :)

Kate