Week 2 Done

Hey friends!

Week 2 has come to a close. I'm downtown today on my one free day to crank out a bunch of homework and some time off campus.

Last night I came back to my dorm after getting off work from the bookstore at 5, grabbed a bite to eat in my room and set up to netflix and sleep early. However by the time 6:30 rolled around I was almost asleep (classic me lol). I made myself go for a run and made it about 2.25 miles down to the nature center in Tryon. It was slow and I haven't ran in about 2 weeks, but I got out there :) I went out again this morning on the same route. The smoke is back, we had a few nice days of clear air, but I woke up today and it smelt like a camp fire again.

The rain is supposed to come back tomorrow (and then not leave until May), I normally am not a huge fan on the rain, but I'm hoping it will help with these fires.


My classes are going really well so far, I'm loving what we're learning and my professors this semester :D

My schedule: Fall 2017
In Disease Ecology, we're learning about how pathogens infect hosts and what needs to be happen in the environment for epidemics to occur. We started studying different diseases such as Cholera and Ebola. I'm weird, I really like learning about the freaky weird stuff that can go wrong, it's gross and scary, but it's interesting. I'm hoping maybe in the future I can do something involving infectious diseases in the medical field.

In Molecular Biology, we're doing a bit of review and learning about DNA replication, structure and function.

Higher level courses are so much more interesting and fun, the class material starts to overlap. The viruses we're learning about in D.E - I know how that replication works in detail because of Bio200 and Molec.

Chinese - thats a review for me, and going easily and fine.

Cross Cultural Psych is only once a week, but it's a fun class. My professor YuPing is so funny and makes the class really interesting despite us all being really tired. We've been learning about ethics and how to conduct good cross cultural studies, and tbh most of what I've learned is that it's really freekin' hard.

Anyways, it's been a good week, and I'm really proud of myself for staying on top of my classes, my work and also getting out and running a little bit.

Dance X rehearsals start tomorrow!

I will keep you all updated with life, classes and dance. Feel free to email me whenever you want!

ksaylor@lclark.edu


Cheers!
Kate