DANCE X (and finals)

Hey friends!

Dead Week finally is coming to an end, I'm still running on about an average of 4-5 hours of sleep per night; but we're down to the the LAST TWO DAYS OF CLASSES! WHAT??? AHHHH That's literally INSANE. This semester FLEW by and I can't believe in exactly a month and day I fly to AUSTRALIA!!!!

This past weekend was DANCE X!!!!

We perform only one weekend, but 2 shows per night resulting in a total of 4 shows Friday - Saturday. It's a really realllyyyy long weekend for the dancers, choreographers and techies and is exhausting, but also crazy rewarding. We finally get to show off all our hard work from this whole semester.

I'm currently trying to finish a molecular biology problem set and work on my psychology term paper; so I will keep this blog a bit short, but I'll flood you with some of the photos from my dance!


CAST!!!: From left to right: myself, Amanda, Kelleen (our choreographer), Peyton (she couldn't actually perform because she got injured two weeks before the performance), Hannah
eyy ^.^
Amanda, Hannah, Myself 
Amanda, Myself, Hannah

The dance photos are still being sent out, but I'm always obsessed with seeing them. 

The pieces are all very cool, they tend to mostly be lyrical/modern/contemporary with a few splashes of hip hop and jazz. Each choreographer comes up with a story and a "statement" about their piece, while the pieces themselves often tell a story. 

Our story was all about women empowerment and becoming your own "super hero", inner warrior type alter ego. It was super fun to be able to get out on stage and transform through the movements into this strong female warrior.

This is now my third Dance X, I've been involved every year and I always love it. I always learn something new about myself through the pieces, and always am pushed out of my comfort zone and grow. It's a great process and I love being a part of it all. 

I'm sorry I've been so bad with posting on time. I have been so busy!!! 

The great news though, I'm finished with all of my oral presentations and my oral final. My final lab report is finished and handed in and it's on the decline of work and into the rise of just the study grind.

We have class tomorrow (Monday) and Tuesday and then we're done! Wednesday and Thursday are reading days where we have nothing, we just study and finals begin Friday!!!!

I'm super excited, I'm going to study Wednesday, but that night I'll take a break and I'm going to ZOO LIGHTS! I've never been and I'm so excited to go! 

That's all for right now,
Cheers,
Kate