Long Days Short Weeks

Hey friends,

Short post tonight.

We've been elbow deep in LOADS of work. We're essentially doing our entire 400 level venom biology course in 2 1/2 weeks... I got the 'go ahead' on my idea proposal 6 days ago. We had about 5 hours in the lab over Tuesday and Wednesday and tomorrow (Friday) I have a presentation in front of my professor, TA, class and the high up experts of UQ's IMB whose research is the foundation for all our projects.  My final paper is due in 1 week. AHH there is so much stuff and everyone is a big ball of stress - including myself. We're all being held to this post doc level work but we're still undergrads kind of floating in the dark with extremely little guidance...

Last weekend we had our 5th and 6th free day of this program; this weekend is my 7th and 8th/ last free day aside from spring break. I spent them mostly catching up on sleep; but I did explore the city a bit. On Friday night the whole program went to a Rugby Union game - which was actually super fun and interesting. Saturday night I went to a night market called Eat Street and Sunday I went to a Koala Sanctuary called "Lone Pine". 

We officially passed the half way mark of this program, and as much as this is an incredible trip I am ready to go home (but probably want to come back after a week lol)

Image may contain: 21 people, people smiling
We saw the Queensland Reds vs. the NZ Brumbies (We won by the way :D)
Anyways, that's really my only news, it's been a rainy busy week (lol, starting to sound like a regular LC week) But I'm in a break from writing and rehearsing my presentation and final paper and everything else for this venom class. We have another week in Brisbane and then it's off to an Aboriginal camp which I am really excited for :) Then we have a short break and then its back on the grind for roughly 35 days without any days off. .... so. Until then I'm a busy busy bee. Long days short weeks, the time for sure flies in the long term, but each day has so much packed in.

Until next week :) I will have *hopefully* more fun and exciting things to report back.
If you have any questions always feel free to reach out :)

Cheers,
Kate

ksaylor@lclark.edu